It is possible to earn the following hiking pins:
- Hiking Pin in silver: 50 points, tours of your choosing
- Hiking Pin in gold: 100 points, required tour: a summit experience; other tours of your choosing
- Touring Pin: 300 points; Required tours: Gamskarkogel, Grossarl-Tappenkarsee-Hüttschlag; other tours of your choosing
- Alpine Pin: 500 points; Required tours: Höllwand, Draugstein, Arlscharte; other tours of your choosing
- High-Alpine Pin: 1,000 points; Required tours: Keeskogel, Weinschnabel; other tours of your choosing
- Silver Hiking Boot: 2,500 points; Required tours same as for the High-Alpine Pin; other tours of your choosing
- Golden Hiking Boot: 5,000 points; Required tours same as for the Silver Hiking Boot
Please note: On longer hikes with multiple official checkpoints, the individual points will not count, but rather only those for the entire tour.
The points you earn do not expire, so you can keep accumulating them from year to year. You will find the official stamps at mountain huts and on mountaintops. Use them to stamp the prescribed pages in our brochure “Huts in Grossarltal” – this will provide proof that you completed the hikes. When you are ready, present your collection of stamps at the Grossarltal tourist office. 1 hiking pin costs € 4.50, with guest card € 2.50.
For children up to age 12, we also have fun buttons that are free of charge.