Salzburg Mountain Advent in Grossarltal greets you, not only with a festive Advent market, but also with a colorful children’s program.
It’s a place where even Saint Nick would want to enjoy a well-earned break. Salzburg Mountain Advent is all about authenticity, quality and tradition. The focal point of the Advent market in Grossarl is the carved, life-size village Nativity scene.
Children can look forward to numerous activities such as the Christmas Post Office, the children’s cookie bakery as well as the Christmas Workshop.
Salzburg Mountain Advent in Grossarltal provides a conscious contrast to the hectic Christmas season you encounter in the bigger cities. Experience the snowy mountain world here in Grossarltal. Listen to the sounds of musicians performing during torchlight hikes and enjoy the beauty of Advent Singing. Get yourself in the perfect mood for the Christmas celebrations ahead with the enticing fragrance of hot spiced wine, punch and fresh fruit bread. With every one of your senses, experience Salzburg Mountain Advent in Grossarltal – an Advent plucked from our childhoods, Advent like in the olden days.
The events program during Salzburg Mountain Advent in Grossarltal is both cheerful and reflective. Your visit to Salzburg Mountain Advent doesn’t just involve browsing the countless market stands.
Grossarltal welcomes you with the following program:
- Every Friday at 4:30 p.m.: Guided hike by torchlight
- Every Friday at 6:30 p.m.: Nativity play at the Advent market
- Every Saturday at 6:30 p.m.: The Grossarl Angel sings from the balcony of the Alte Post
- Every Saturday at 8:15 p.m.: Advent Singing at Grossarl parish church
- Every Sunday and holiday 7 p.m.: “Search for Shelter” at the Advent market
- Children’s Krampus parade in Grossarl (02.12.2022)
- Krampus parade in Hüttschlag (04.12.2022)
- Singers and brass musicians perform at the Advent market
- Village Nativity scene, animal Nativity scene, Nativity Path, exhibition of Nativity scenes
- Advent calendar
- Carriage rides
- Advent walking way at the Bauernladenstüberl
Grossarltal also offers a great Advent program for the kids:
- Children's Advent with bonfire, grilling, corousel, children's punch hut and sweets.
- Children’s cookie bakery (Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 3 to 5 p.m. at Marktcafé Kreuzer)
- Angel Photo Studio (Friday and Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m. at Foto Gruber)
- Christmas Post Office (Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 3 to 5 p.m. at Hotel Alte Post)
- Christmas Workshop (Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 3 to 5 p.m. at Hotel Alte Post)
- Fairy-Tale Lesson (Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from 3 p.m.) at the Grossarltal christmas forest
- St. Nicklas comes to the Advent Market (04.12.2022)
Salzburg Mountain Advent is opened on 4 Advent weekends as well as on 8. December.
Opening Times: GROSSARL
1st Advent Week: Friday, 25.11.2022 to Sunday, 27.11.2022
2nd Advent Week: Friday, 02.12.2022 to Sunday, 04.12.2022
Holiday: Thursday, 08.12.2022
3rd Advent Week: Friday, 09.12.2022 to Sunday, 11.12.2022
4th Advent Week: Friday, 16.12.2022 to Sunday, 18.12.2022
Friday & Saturday: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday und holiday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Opening Times: HÜTTSCHLAG
26.11. to 18.12. on Saturdays and Sundays and at the 8th of December from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The “Salzburg Mountain Advent” package is a weekend offer. This delightful getaway consists of 2 nights in your booked accommodation category.
This package is bookable from 25th of November until 18th of December 2022, running from Friday to Sunday. You can book this package either directly with your selected accommodation provider or through the Grossarltal Tourist Office.
- 2 nights in your preferred accommodation category
- 1 torchlight hike
- 1 Advent Singing or Advent Concert at the parish church
- 1 punch or spiced wine incl. souvenir Advent mug
Salzburg Mountain Advent combines wonderfully with skiing in the Grossarltal-Dorfgastein ski area.