Hiking with children
Hiking with children is also possible. Because there is no limit of age for hiking - neither for young nor for old people.
But if your hiking day with the family should be an enjoyable memory, you should consider some basic things.
Tipps for hiking tours with children
- The best route: Pick a "special" hiking destination. There should be something exciting for the children, like a playground. But there is a great choice for it in Grossarltal.
- The walking time should not be too long.
- Trails are always more exciting than forest roads.
- The right equipment for the kids: comfortable walking shoes, light hiking clothes, sun cream, change of clothes (in case of the children find some water).
- Start early. So you can avoid the worst heat.
- Take along enough to drink. Children are thirsty before the first mountain hut.
- Something sweet or some fruits bring back the good mood.
- Explore the small things along the way: anthills, mushrooms, berries, streams, animals.
- Take breaks.
- Have small stories in store for the children or sing a song.
- Of course, reward the children at the mountain hut with a lemonade.
- Children can also collect stamps and gain hiking buttons and hiking pins.