Hiking with children
Tipps for hiking tours with children
- The best route: Pick a "special" hiking destination. There should be something exciting for the children, like a playground. But there is a great choice for it in Grossarltal.
- The walking time should not be too long.
- Trails are always more exciting than forest roads.
- The right equipment for the kids: comfortable walking shoes, light hiking clothes, sun cream, change of clothes (in case of the children find some water).
- Start early. So you can avoid the worst heat.
- Take along enough to drink. Children are thirsty before the first mountain hut.
- Something sweet or some fruits bring back the good mood.
- Explore the small things along the way: anthills, mushrooms, berries, streams, animals.
- Take breaks.
- Have small stories in store for the children or sing a song.
- Of course, reward the children at the mountain hut with a lemonade.
- Children can also collect stamps and gain hiking buttons and hiking pins.