Aside from a festive Advent market, Salzburg Mountain Advent in Grossarltal greets you with a reflective Advent program and colorful children’s events. The focus is always on authenticity, quality and tradition.
Even Santa Claus would probably want to enjoy a short Christmastime get-away here. Christmas music performed by folk singers and wind musicians, the smell of roasted almonds and baked apples in the air, the fragrant aroma of punch and spiced wine, hand-crafted Nativity figures and other crafts, an exhibition of Nativity scenes, a living Nativity scene, Advent market, Christmas post office ...
All of this awaits you during Salzburg Mountain Advent in Grossarltal, a true contrast to the hectic hustle and bustle you encounter in the big cities.
The year 2020 brings numerous challenges for all of us with the corona virus. The requirements change almost weekly. Therefore, it is possible that some activities and events will be limited or not take place at all. We ask for your understanding in this respect.
- Fridays at 4:30 p.m.: Guided torchlight hike
- Fridays at 6:30 p.m.: Nativity play at the Advent market
- Saturdays at 6:30 p.m.: the Grossarl angel sings from the balcony of Hotel Alte Post
- Saturdays or Fridays at 8:15 p.m.: “Advent Singing” at Grossarl parish church
- Sundays at 6:30 p.m.: “Search for Shelter” at the Advent market
- Children’s Krampus parade in Grossarl (Friday, 27.11.2020 from 7:30 p.m.)
- Krampus parade in Hüttschlag (Sunday, 29.11.2020 from 6 p.m.)
- Krampus parade in Grossarl (Saturday, 05.12.2020 from 7:30 p.m.)
- Singers and wind musicians perform at the Advent market
- Exhibition of nativity scenes, Nativity Path, village Nativity scene, living Nativity scene
- Advent calendar
- Horse sleigh rides
- Children’s cookie bakery (Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 3 to 5 p.m. at Marktcafé Kreuzer)
- “Angel Photo Studio” (Friday and Saturday from 2 to 5 p.m. at Foto Gruber)
- Christmas Post Office (Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Alte Post)
- Christmas Workshop (Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 3 to 5 p.m. at the Alte Post)
- Fairy-Tale Room (Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 3 p.m. )
- St. Nicholas at the Advent market (Sunday, 29.11.2020 from 2 to 3 p.m.)
- Grossarl Christmas Forest, children carousel...
|Date:||Fri 27.11. to Sun 20.12.2020|
|Time:||Friday and Saturday from 2 p.m.
Sunday and holiday from 1 p.m.