Excursion Destinations in SalzburgerLand
SalzburgerLand offers many sightseeing opportunities. Some of those are definitely worth a visit – in winter, too!
Mittersill National Park Center
Marvel at the mountain world of Hohe Tauern National Park. At 8 interactive exhibits, get to know the astonishing diversity of the National Park. And “hike” from one natural realm to the next.
Highlights of the National Park Center:
- National Park in a 360° cinema
- Eagle’s-eye panoramic flight
- Marmots & Co.
- Treasures of the Tauern
- Mountain Forest Gallery
- Life on Alpine Meadows
- Wild Waters
- Avalanche Dome
- Glacier World
Salzburg City of Mozart
Salzburg is the home of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and The Sound of Music. Culture plays a huge role in Salzburg, while various historical époques have left a distinctive mark on the city.
Highlights in Salzburg City include:
- A guided tour of Hohensalzburg Fortress with its princely chambers and museum
- Salzburg Cathedral and the Dom Quartier
- The Franciscan church
- Stroll through the St. Peter’s district, discovering the abbey, church, cemetery, as well as catacombs within the Mönchsberg itself.
- Amble down the Getreidegasse
- Mozart’s Birthplace
- Salzburg Museum offers exciting insights into the city’s history.
- Pegasus Fountain, the Rosenhügel and the Dwarf Garden all await you in Mirabell Gardens.
- Mozart’s Residence
- Haus der Natur – natural history museum
- Museum der Moderne – museum of modern art
- A guided tour of the Festival halls
- Panorama Museum
Hallein Salt Mine
Visit the oldest mine in the world to open its doors to the general public, and set out on a treasure hunt of your own. You will make your way down a mysterious, ancient walkway. This leads you on a journey deep inside the mystical mountain, where you will discover an exciting subterranean world. The salt mine is a rewarding trip for the whole family (children 4 and up) and in any weather.