Whatever the tour, the focus is always on intensive mountain experiences enjoyed with all 5 senses. Demanding hikes from summit to summit are on the program, as are activities amid the open countryside designed to slow down the pace of your life, including yoga, hang gliding and climbing. Best of all: For guests of member businesses, these tours are free of charge. Further information about the equipment and the requirements of the respective tours can be found on the BERG-GESUND website.
- The program of “Deceleration Days” is all about feeling one with yourself and nature. Aside from hiking itself, they focus on nature, plants, and eating healthy. Essentially an “all-day escape” enjoyed in the mountains.
- Yoga hikes aim to restore harmony between body, mind and soul amid the glorious alpine pastures of Grossarltal.
- Paragliding tandem flight - enjoy a different view over Grossarl
- Challenging mountaineering tours promise a real challenge. These include guided tours of the Keeskogel (2,884 m) as well as the Weinschnabel (2,757 m), and even a full circumnavigation of Grossarltal in 10 different stages.
- Out on a via ferrata tour, rookie climbers have an opportunity to safely climb up rocky cliff faces. More experienced “rock jocks” might choose the “Kupfergeist” via ferrata, or the “Franzl” up through the Hüttschlager Wand.
- Grow with the challenge while you climb on the rock - no matter if you are novice or professional climber.
- Get ready for hiking and mountain tours at the "Fitness" hiking tour.
Hiking tours are sometimes a real challenge for untrained hikers. With the right preparation you can arrange for yourself that the hiking tours get a pleasure. You hike very quickly together with Andreas Viehhauser (private trainer, nutrition expert and athletics coach). You stop 3 times for these exercises which you can easily do at home - preparing yourself for the next hiking holidays.
The hike meets at 10 a.m. at the "Aktiv" assembly point. You will return at about 12 a.m. This hike is suitable for ages 10 and up. Tour only in German.
On this hike, you will get to enjoy a stress-free walk in the mountains accompanied by guide and nutrition counselor Fritz Reisenauer. During this leisurely hike, you will pay attention to the plants and animals that live on the high pastures. Yet another focus will be healthy nutrition.
Participants meet at 9 a.m. at the “Aktiv” assembly point, returning at around 3 p.m. Difficulty is easy to moderate, while the hike is suitable for ages 10 and up.
Restore harmony to body, mind and soul during this yoga hike. Thomas Andexer, an experienced yoga coach and shiatsu practitioner, will show you different yoga exercises during this relaxing hike.
The yoga hike is suitable for ages 8 and up, while difficulty is easy to moderate. No prior yoga experience is required. Tour only in German.
With a paragliding tandem flight everyone has the opportunity to see the Grossarltal from above. You get up the mountain easily with the Panoramabahn. After a short introduction you start, depending on the wind conditions, in the direction of Grossarl or Dorfgastein.
The meeting point is at 8.45 a.m. at the Activ-Assembly-Point and the return ist at 4.00 p.m. Guests of BergGesund member accomodations have to pay € 45.00. All other guests have to pay a fee of € 120.00 (excl. gondola ride).
Tours are led by outstandingly trained, certified hiking guides and state-certified mountain guides. All activities will be offered to groups as few as 1 person. Participants must register at least 1 day in advance. Tours take place in (almost) all weather conditions. In order to guarantee the highest level of quality and safety, the number of participants is limited. All hiking and mountaineering activities are free to guests of BERG-GESUND member businesses (with the exception of tandem flights, transfers, equipment rental, hut refreshments). All other guests are welcome to participate in all activities for a moderate fee ranging from € 30 to € 50. Necessary equipment (for example, via ferrata climbing gear) can be booked when you register online and will be provided for a small rental charge. Out of consideration for other participants, dogs are not permitted on hikes and other tours. Transfers to starting points are by public transportation or hiking bus. There is one assembly point in Grossarl and one in Hüttschlag. Please register with BERG-GESUND directly.