Winter holiday in Grossarl Valley, Austria
"Grossarl Valley" - stands for tranquility, nature, relaxation, friendliness and a little piece of home.
Even on arrival, visitors will be enchanted by the local countryside and its inhabitants. Unspoilt by through traffic you will find - at fog-free altitude - all the peace and quiet you need to make your holiday in the Grossarl Valley a very special experience.
Since October 2010, the Grossarl Valley has the Austrian Hiking Cachet. It shows the competence in hiking in the Grossarl Valley!
Your walking holiday in the Valley of the Alms:
- Around 40 Alms - mountain pasture huts/farms - serving food
- Around 400 km marked hiking paths
- Three guided mountain tours weekly
- Cable car hikes with the Grossarl summer cable cars
- Great weekly events
- Salzburg pasture trail passing many mountain huts in the Grossarl Valley
- Stress free walking with the Grossarl walkers’ taxi
- Theme-based hikes and hiking from chapel to chapel on the Chapel Trail
- And much more …
Further information about alms & walking
- Hiking in Grossarl Valley
- Alm Summer
- Mountain Huts
- Tour Tips
- Online hiking map & Panorama
- Hiking Taxi
- Walking Badges
- Rules for Walkers
- Theme hikes
- Salzburger Almenweg
The Grossarl Valley offers numerous possibilities for cyclists:
Either gentle rides along the valley for the easy riders or up mountains on one of the numerous alpine and forest tracks for the more experienced mountain biker. Here, there’s something for everyone.
For gentle cycling tours with the whole family the valley cycle path to the north is particularly suitable.
For mountain cyclists and mountain bikers there is 120 km of signposted and marked mountain biking routes.
Great for cyclists and mountain bikers in the Grossarl Valley:
- The valley cycle path for gentle cycling tours with the whole family
- Quiet roads to the end of the valley for road cyclists
- 120 km of signposted and marked mountain biking routes
- Guided mountain biking tours | mixed tours | biking and trekking | teaser tours
- Bike service and hire at Intersport Lackner
- Snack and overnight stay possibilities at numerous mountain huts/farms
- And much more …
Further Information about Cycling & Biking
From summer 2010 there will be a new Sport and Recreation Centre with a wide range of activities for all ages:
- Adventure swimming pool
- Beach volleyball court
- Tennis courts
- Crazy golf
- Football pitch (artificial grass)
- All-purpose pitch for street soccer, street ball, etc.
- Children’s adventure land "The Little Valley of the Alms"
- And much more …
Further information on the Recreation Centre
Due to its child friendliness, the Grossarl Valley is the perfect starting point for a summer holiday with the whole family.
Attractive family specials, family hikes, an exciting children’s programme as well as child care in the adventure kindergarten will get hearts big and small racing.
Advantages for families and children in the Grossarl Valley
- New Sport and Recreation Centre with adventure swimming pool, children’s adventure land "Rucki Zucki's Gaudi-Alm" and much more.
- Quiz hike: "On the copper ghost's trail"
- Fairytale hike for parents and children
- Mountain pasture adventure day for children at the “Aualm”
- Family trekking tour "Alpenfloh"
- The Valley of the Alms is a children’s paradise with meadows, streams, woods and many different kinds of animals.
Further information about Fun 4 Kids
Nature meets culture in the Valley of the Alms in the province of Salzburg.
Experience the traditional ways of the “Sennleute” dairy people on the mountain farms, enjoy the untouched nature of the Hohe Tauern National Park and explore the numerous sights and excursion destinations in the province of Salzburg.
Unique natural surroundings and culture in the Grossarl Valley
- Over 40 Alms - mountain huts/farms serving food
- Hohe Tauern National Park – the largest national park in central Europe
- Nature discovery trail and biotope
- Home to many alpine flowers and mountain herbs
- Grossarl Valley Harvest Festival with regional customs, a living folk culture and many events
- Many worthwhile excursion destinations in the province of Salzburg
- Travel to the nicest excursion destinations and sights around the Grossarl Valley
Further information about Nature & Culture
ENQUIRY & SEARCH
» Download summer folder (in German)
» Cable Car Hiking
The cable car Panoramabahn ist open daily except monday. >>Info
Your personal Skiline when skiing in Grossarl Valley. What altitudes did you achieve? Have your very personal “Skiline”.
» To Skiline-Generator
Take part and collect the bonus points
on every ride in Grossarl Valley with the Hochbrand Cabin Railway
» To collecting bonus points
» Kreuzkogel Grossarl Valley Skiing- & Mountain Weather
» Avalanche situation
Blog Grossarl valley
Ein Gipfelkreuz für das Tennköpfl
20 Jahre Tennkoglmusi, das ist ein Grund zum Feiern. Die Errichtung und Segnung eines neuen Gipfelkreuzes für das Tennköpfl ...