Winter holiday in Grossarl Valley, Austria
Highlights in the in the Skiing area Grossal Valley-Dorfgastein
"Grossarl Valley" - means skiing fun, nature, snow, relaxation, friendliness and a little piece of home.
Even on arrival, visitors will be enchanted by the unspoilt countryside and its inhabitants.
Whilst in summer it is relatively quiet, in winter the valley is dedicated to alpine ski sport. Skiers, snowboarders as well as ski mountaineerers, cross country skiers and winter walkers will just love it here.
Your advantages at the ski resort Grossarl-Dorfgastein
- Snow is guaranteed from December to Easter
- wide slopes for the whole family
- 80 km of well-prepared pistes
- Modern snow-making equipment
- Free ski bus in the whole valley and to nearby amadé resorts
- Sports equipment testing and hire
- Skikindergarden incl. food and lunchtime supervision
More informations about skiing pleasure in Grossarltal
- Skiing in Ski amadé
- Snowboarding in Ski amadé
- Skipass - prices
- Informations about the ski resort
- Panorama Grossarl Valley
- Slopes ans snow-making equipment
- Großarler Bergbahnen
- Ski amadé
- Free ski bus
- Ski Schools
- Ski rental
- Après ski
- Currently skiing information
One is the Grossarl cross-country trail from Grossarl to the Kösslerhäusl Local Heritage Museum. Another is the Hüttschlag cross-country trail from Hüttschlag to the south and the popular “Aschaustüberl” and further to the picturesque valley end and the “Talwirt” National Park tavern, with its large parking area, the “Bergwald” exhibition and the National Park Information Centre.
Advantages for cross- country skiers at Grossarl Valley:
- Grossarl cross-country trail
- Hüttschlag cross-country trail
- Refreshments at the Aschaustüberl
- Refreshments at the Nationalparkgasthof Talwirt with the exhibition "Bergwald"
- Classical cross-country trails
- Mostly cross country trails with a parallel skating track
- Illuminated night trail at the Aschastüberl and in Grossarl
- Cross- country courses at ski school Hettegger and cross-country skiing school Dynercross
- Ski bus to the trails
More information about cross-country skiing
A cosy stop generally lures one on arrival for a hearty snack, hot mulled wine or the famous, some say infamous, hunter’s tea.
Skiing tour fans are invited by countless summits and off-run deep-snow slopes around the communities of Grossarl and Hüttschlag to undertake ski tours and snow shoe hiking tours of various lengths and degrees of difficulty.
Advantages for winter hikers in Grossarl Valley
- 35 km cleared winter hiking trails
- Little motorised traffic
- Opportunities for cosy stops
- Toboggan hire services
- Taxi transfer to the restaurants
- Illuminated toboggan track
- Toboggan packages at the Lammwirt
More informations about winter hiking
The valley has acquired a special name for friendliness to children.
Not only the care of the “skiing dwarfs” in the ski kindergarten (from 3 1/2 years) or in the “Kunterbunt Children’s Club” (from six months), but also numerous off-run activities ensure that a winter holiday is never boring for children in Grossarl Valley.
Snowshoe hiking and tobogganing by day and night and many more activities at the Grossarl Recreation Centre, swimming in the indoor swimming pool and much more.
Advantages for families and children in Grossarl Valley
- Ski kindergarten for children from 3 1/2 years
- Kunterbunt Children´s Club for children from 6 months
- Full day care nursery in the Children`s Club
- Lunchtime supervision in children`s restaurant
- Child- friendly infrastructure
- Attractive family packages in Grossarl Valley
- Easter family- special from March till April
- Child- policy in some ski restaurants
- Guided fairytale hike
- Guided snowshoe walks for children
More informations about Kids & Family
Your holiday can be much cheaper! Price-conscious skiers should consider the lower-season. There are in fact the best packages consisting of accommodation, ski pass, and various additional services.
There are special treats it in the 60 + week in the Lady Ski Week and the Easter family offers - here each participant of the group gets a free ski pass!
More informations about the all-inclusives
- Season Opening
- 4 = 3 all-inclusive
- Mountain Advent
- Amadé Sixty Plus all-inclusive
- Bed & Breakfast & Ski
- Learn to Ski
- Sunshine skiing and Easter family offers
- Lady Ski Week
- In harmony with nature
ENQUIRY & SEARCH
» Download summer folder (in German)
» Cable Car Hiking
Your personal Skiline when skiing in Grossarl Valley. What altitudes did you achieve? Have your very personal “Skiline”.
» To Skiline-Generator
Take part and collect the bonus points
on every ride in Grossarl Valley with the Hochbrand Cabin Railway
» To collecting bonus points
» Kreuzkogel Grossarl Valley Skiing- & Mountain Weather
» Avalanche situation
We are looking forward to the summer.
The Loosbühelalm opens on 1st of May, 2015.
Blog Grossarl valley
Wir bringen die Welt nach oben
Die Überschrift könnte man – im Hinblick auf die Bergbahnunternehmen in Österreich – durchaus auch wortwörtlich nehmen. ...